Have you taken a look at the GLUGULP! Collections?
Our Collections, divided into categories (you can find all them here), group a limited series of wooden cases each containing 6 bottles of Champagne carefully selected by us for a unique and refined tasting experience.
"A Good Year" Collection brings together an assortment of Champagne of the same vintage from different and selected producers. The great vintages in Champagne, in addition to an absolute level of quality, have a truly extraordinary aging potential.
A year full of paradoxes for the winemaking, the 2012 had to overcome a succession of climatic challenges that put the vineyards at risk, partially compromising production: winter and spring frosts (up to -20° in February), rain and hail in the following months, which limited flowering, episodes of Botrytis and powdery mildew in many vineyards in the Region. All these events compromised the total yield of the vineyards which was lower than in 2011.
Nonetheless, the dry hot climate of August drastically rebalanced the conditions of the grapes, supporting the ripeness of the bunches. So if it’s true that the 2012 vintage is to be considered adverse from the point of view of quantities, from a qualitative point of view it was excellent, thanks also to an harvest postponed by a few days which favored the optimal ripening of the bunches. The 2012 harvest revealed a magnificent promise: acidity and balanced tension between freshness and generosity.
Our selection for the 2012 vintage is the "2012 Maison Collection", a selection of 6 limited edition Champagnes among some of the most renowned Maison, and includes:
1) Bruno Paillard Champagne Extra Brut Assemblage 2012, 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir is the result of the assembly of 10 different Crus owned by the Maison. Produced only in the best vintages such as 2012, it is a Champagne that is synthesized in purity, minerality and aging capacity.
2) Charles Heidsieck Champagne Vintage 2012, 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay coming from 10 different Crus of the Montagne de Reims and the Côte des Blancs: Oger, Vertus, Chouilly, Cuis, Verzy, Ay, Ludes, Ambonnay, Tauxieres and Avenay . Aging for over seven years for this creamy, gourmand and powerful Champagne Millésime.
3) Ayala Champagne La Perle 2012, 80% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Noir coming from the best Grand Cru such as Chouilly, Cramant, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger and Verzy. A Champagne of great elegance and purity, which combines finesse and aromatic complexity. On the palate minerality and tension. It is produced in extremely limited quantities only in the best vintages, such as the 2012 one.
4) Gosset Champagne Grand Millésime 2012, 67% Chardonnay and 33% Pinot Noir, the Chardonnay comes from the Premier and Grand Cru classified vineyards located in the villages of Avize, Cramant, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Trépail, Villers-Marmery, Ambonnay and Cumières; and Pinot Noir from the Grand Cru villages of Verzy, Mailly, Ambonnay and Aÿ. Very fresh and expressive Champagne, direct and with a nice tension.
5) Boizel Champagne Extra Brut Grand Vintage 2012, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir coming from the Côte des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims respectively. After bottling it remains for 8 years on the yeasts before being disgorged. Complex and intense on tasting, it is an elegant and well-balanced Champagne between minerality and freshness.
6) Veuve Clicquot Champagne Vintage 2012, a blending of Pinot Noir (mainly) that gives it structure and Chardonnay that gives it elegance, exclusively coming from Grand Cru and Premier Cru of the Montagne de Reims, the Grande Vallée de la Marne and the Côte des Blancs. This Champagne is the symbol of the great vintages.
Discover all the GLUGULP! collections here and let yourself be involved in an exciting experience, an exclusive journey into the world of Champagne.